1. Objective: Our organisation is committed to preventing and eradicating all forms of slavery, forced labour, and human trafficking within our operations and supply chains. This policy aims to promote ethical practices, uphold human rights, and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
2. Scope: This policy applies to all employees, contractors, suppliers, and other business partners associated with our organisation.
• Slavery: The exercise of ownership or control over individuals, depriving them of their freedom and exploiting them for personal or commercial gain.
• Forced Labour: Any work or service that is extracted from an individual under the threat of penalty, without their full consent.
• Human Trafficking: The recruitment, transportation, transfer, harbouring, or receipt of individuals through force, coercion, or deception for the purpose of exploitation.
4. Policy Guidelines:
a. Compliance: We commit to complying with all applicable laws and regulations related to slavery, forced labour, and human trafficking.
b. Risk Assessment: We will conduct regular risk assessments to identify potential risks of slavery and human trafficking within our operations and supply chains.
c. Due Diligence:
• Supply Chain: We will undertake due diligence to identify and assess potential risks of slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains, including the verification of suppliers’ compliance.
• Contracts: Our contracts with suppliers, contractors, and business partners will include specific clauses prohibiting slavery, forced labour, and human trafficking.
d. Training and Awareness: We will provide training and raise awareness among our employees and relevant stakeholders to recognize, report, and address instances of slavery, forced labour, or human trafficking.
e. Reporting Mechanism: We will establish a confidential reporting mechanism to allow employees, suppliers, and other stakeholders to report concerns or suspicions related to slavery and human trafficking.
f. Investigations and Remediation: We will investigate any reported cases or suspected instances of slavery or human trafficking promptly. If violations are identified, appropriate actions will be taken, including reporting to relevant authorities and terminating relationships with non-compliant parties.
g. Continuous Improvement: We will regularly review and improve our policies, procedures, and practices to enhance our efforts in combatting slavery, forced labour, and human trafficking.
5. Compliance and Enforcement: Non-compliance with this policy may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment or termination of business relationships.